President Muhammadu Buhari early hours of Wednesday reiterated his resolve to withdraw from any political contest after his tenure in 2023. This is coming on the backdrop of the speculations in some quarters that there might be a third term agenda for the President.

President Buhari in a letter released in Abuja on New Year’s day to Nigerians to mark the beginning of the new decade, he said: “I will be standing down in 2023 and will not be available in any future elections.

“But I am determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across the region, where several ECOWAS members go to the polls this year.”

He said that his administration will abide by the rule of law having previously come under criticism for paying little attention to it was promised more engagement of citizens to promote dialogue, partnership and understanding.

Read More

http://blogwatch.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Muhammadu-Buhari.jpghttp://blogwatch.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Muhammadu-Buhari-300x300.jpgadminPolitics
President Muhammadu Buhari early hours of Wednesday reiterated his resolve to withdraw from any political contest after his tenure in 2023. This is coming on the backdrop of the speculations in some quarters that there might be a third term agenda for the President. President Buhari in a...